The organ is a fine and very grand four-manual William Hill and Son. In 1870 it would have been smaller - three manuals. It was extended by the Hill firm between 1903 and 1913. The west case was designed by Arthur Hill for the 1903 enlargement.
The organ has undergone three restorations - the first in 1970 when the manual actions were converted from the original tubular pneumatic system to electro-magnetic. In 1994 this work was continued with the full restoration of the pedal organ and conversion to electro-magnetic action. In 2000, the slider machines for the manuals were restored.
Follow the link below to find out more about the organ.