A link to "A Safe Church" - a manual containing the Diocesan policies, procedures and guidelines for safeguarding children, safeguarding adults who may be vulnerable, and responding to domestic abuse.
In accordance with the Church of England Safeguarding Policy, St Peter's is committed to:
- promoting a safer environment and culture
- safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children, young people and vulnerable adults within the church
- responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
- caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons
- caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons
- responding to those who may pose a present risk to others.
Our full policy adopted by the Parochial Church Council on 13th March 2019 can be downloaded using the button below.
Our Safeguarding Officers are:
Emails will be treated in confidence.
NSPCC Child Protection Helpline: 0808 800 5000 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are worried about a child.
Child-line: 0800 1111 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are a child or young person and are worried about anything.
National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are experiencing domestic abuse.
Samaritans Helpline: 116 123 (open 24 hours). Phone if you feel you are struggling to cope and need someone to talk to.
Action on Elder Abuse Helpline: 080 8808 8141 ( free phone Monday to Friday 9-5pm).
Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser, Kate Singleton:
firstname.lastname@example.org 020 7939 9423 Mobile 07982 279713 (for urgent matters out of hours)
Assistant Diocesan Safeguarding Advisers, Marie Daly and Louise Vernon:
Marie Daly - email@example.com 020 7939 9441 Mobile 07946 255295
Louise Vernon - firstname.lastname@example.org 020 7939 9462 Mobile 07946 255622
The Parish of St Peter's Streatham takes the safeguarding and care of children and vulnerable adults seriously.
To contact Safeguarding Officers
To contact Churchwardens